01 December 2010

Save me!

As the same fire assumes different shapes
When it consumes objects differing in shape,
So does the one Self take the shape
Of every creature in whom he is present. Marcus Aurelius
Fire alarms in my dorm at 3:30 a.m. and me in a robe and bare feet is as close to a fire in my home as I have been. Thankfully, it was a false alarm, because I didn't even remember to grab slippers [or pants for that matter!]... but that's beside the point.
The question today is what things do you surround yourself with that have the most meaning? What in your life absolutely cannot be replaced?
What would you grab (and don't answer pants!) if you had to leave your home at the drop of a hat? Some people live with this possibility (due to social unrest, government issues) on a daily basis. Be thankful for what you have, but do think about what you couldn't live without.

THIS PAGE:
What 3 things would you save from your burning home? [3 objects-- let's pray family members and pets are OK]



No comments:

Post a Comment